Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Weekend Wrap-Up

Now is the time when I should be bragging about how much I got done over the weekend.  Much to my own dismay because I didn't get ANYTHING written.  Not one.  Single.  Word.  <grumbles in discontent>  But, in an effort to look on the positive side, the weekend wasn't a total loss.  Here are a few non-writing related experiences and lessons I had the pleasure of bearing witness to over a mere two day stretch:

Valuable Experiences:
1)  I convinced a Chuy's employee to let me taze him.
2)  I tried a new type of cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory.
3)  I watched the police body slam the newest resident of the neighborhood after he drunkenly decided to stroll door to door introducing himself with a plate of chicken....at 12:30am.


Lessons Learned:
1)  The creamy jalapeno sauce at Chuy's contains a mysterious, highly addictive ingredient.  After careful analysis, my suspicions are that it is some variation of crack.
2)  The effects of a one million volt tazer are intensified if the victim is standing bare footed in wet grass.
3)  Endless hours of entertainment can be achieved if one acquires an $80 scooter held together by gray tape.

Now that I have gotten all of THAT out of my brain, I think I'm off to work on something a little more productive.  I feel a desperate need to reclaim those vital IQ points that I'm sure I misplaced in the past few days.

1 comment: