Friday, February 25, 2011

Fresh Inspiration

Ideas randomly show up in the weirdest places, don't they? So I had a really bizarre dream last night--the kind that jolts you awake, heart racing and asking yourself, "Did that really just happen?" It kind of sat with me today, and I'll admit it, unsettled me for a little bit and I found myself wondering, "What if that really was reality?" The more I thought about it and imagined how various scenarios would play out in this little alternate world I'd created, the more the whole concept grew on me. To summarize: I have a really GREAT idea for another book...completely unrelated to what I'm working on now. I'm not abandoning my current project and I still plan to finish up my next chapter this weekend. But, I will be setting some time aside to get some of these new thoughts down "on paper" and do a few rough character sketches while they are fresh on my mind. That way, when I am ready to come back and tackle this new project, it will all be ready and waiting for me. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment